Thursday, November 8, 2012

Good Stock

This upcoming weekend my family is celebrating Thanksgiving.  Sure, it's a few weeks ahead of time however, it is a day where a majority of us can be together.  Seeing family is always a good thing and yet, it is not always easy.  We live apart from each other, talk on the phone, send the yearly Christmas card, but there is nothing like have that face to face interaction.  As I was thinking about this weekend I thought to myself "I'm thankful that my mom is willing to call people, prepare food, and plan a day for us to be together".  ( I really did think that)  And then, my thought process continued....
My mom is really great.  

Not just pat on the back great but squish your guts out bear hug great.  She is a woman who has exampled Godly womanhood to me in many ways throughout my entire life.  I have witnessed this woman have such a sensitive heart for her children, family, friends that I am constantly amazed at how she keeps track of the people she cares about.  Her joy and giddiness towards life is contagious and has resulted in much laughter.  She loves and has a beautiful reverence for our Lord.  She is always learning and yet she has so much to share.  I love watching the relationship between my parents continue to grow after 45 years of marriage.  She loves my dad and my dad loves and adores her.  They really are just cute. (almost fuzzy kitty cute)  Mom has taught me how to iron, sew, cook, embrace the odd moments of life, respect others, be joyful, be passionate about what I believe in, to love, and among many others out of an incredibly long list, how to pray.  She is a praying woman.  I believe she does it all day long.
Congratulations Mom!  You're beautiful!
She is a hardworking dedicated and determined woman who has finally retired from working.  I am proud of her for stamina, amazing ability to have patience with multiple people, ability to learn new computer things even when it frustrates her, and for being a Godly woman in the workplace.  Now she can embark on a new season of life and continue to show the world who God has created her to be.  That's my mom.  She really is great.  I'm praying some of her good stock will continue to rub off on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment