Monday, August 8, 2011

Taking Time

If I had a bucket list for the year before I turned 30, it would include things I had not planned to be on it.  The past two months of my life have been one big tumbler of transition that has emitted itself into various emotions, and a renewed faith that God really does know what He is doing afterall.  There have been many times with friends and family that have filled in the gaps between larger events but in a nutshell,
May 29th  - sing the National Anthem at a Twins baseball game
June 4th - graduate from Bethel Seminary
June 9th - decide to take a new job with DNR Parks and Trails in Bemidji
June 20th - apartment shopping in Bemidji with mom and dad
June 30th - last day of work in St. Paul where I have been for 5 years
July 2nd - fly to Italy for a 2 week vacation with my friend Laura
July 16th - come home from vacation
July 26th - start work in Bemidji
August 6th - finally move all my stuff to a new apartment

Amidst this, my dear friend and roommate has decided to move to Thailand to teach at a missionary school, I got to spend a lovely weekend with my niece, the State of Minnesota shut down for three weeks (thus creating a bit of financial strain), there were birthday parties, goodbye parties, a baby shower, a weekend to just hangout with my family, and the joy of packing.  I abhor packing with a passion but it must be done.

Why am I listing the events of the past two months of my life?  It is not to say "look how busy I have been."   Rather to testify as to "Look what God has done".  I may not completely understand it but I do know it has all been his direction.  If not, I would have collapsed less than half way through.  My world has turned upside down.  From  over scheduled and running on low to not really knowing what to do with myself.  It's a season to wait, reconfigure, and force myself to invent some new habits of the things I love to do but have been pushed off of the daily schedule as deemed not having enough time for.  It's time to make time.

1 comment: