Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oh My Soul


Like sunshine on a fading face, the word of the Lord gives life to my soul.

Verse two of one of my favorite hymns is a comfort.  A comforting reminder of how steadfast, sovereign, loving, patient, and powerful God really is, has been, and will be.  It is a beautiful thing when one's soul is at rest in the Lord.  Nothing else matters, only the reflection of Christ and the fire that burns within, the fire that is kindled by knowing my Saviour is on my side.

text: Katharina von Schlegel  music: Jean Sibelius

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake

To guide the future, as He has the past.

Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know

His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

No comments:

Post a Comment